MESA Walkabout

Prata om förstärkare och högtalare
Användarvisningsbild
lowfreq
Medlem++

MESA Walkabout

Inlägg av lowfreq »

JA, Walkabouten ÄR en helt underbar bastopp!

Den låter i princip som en tung helrörs-topp, fast är snabbare och cleanare.

Jag roade mig med att plocka kommentarer från basister i Talkbass.com gällande Walkabout

Här är några (!) av dem:

"...versus the very vintage and very tube warm sounding Walkabout"

"The Walkabout, with the multiple tubes in the input section, is meant to emulate the vibe of the old AmpegB15... it is very warm, very tubey"

"the Walkabout is a WONDERFUL sounding head if you are looking for old school warmth and a very 'all tube amp' sound in a small package"

"I love the Walkabout, and it is one of my favorite sounding heads"

"The Walkabout has a tone of 'give' to its feel, and has that unique tube mid growl"

"the Walkabout can definitely dial in a thick, gooey 'tube-like' tone that is reminiscent of the 'classic' all-tube heads"

"never came even close to getting the ***** to sound as fat, warm and 'vintage tube' as the Walkabout"

"I'll also add that the Mid control on the Walkabout is a very powerful control, and you can get all kinds of warmth out of it"

"...to sound as warm and fat as the Walkabout was capable of getting"

" Mesa makes quite a big deal about the 'simul-state' preamp, with the extra tube further 'back' in the signal chain that makes those heads sound as close to a 100% tube amp as any hybrid I've heard"

"I love the Walkabout's overdriven tone"

"Its rated at 300w, but its a loud 300w"

"I tried the Walkabout when they where introduced, I had a feeling it would be a good amp; it was. I liked it so much that I got rid of the Eden"

"Mesa Walkabout Scout. As a combo amp, I've never heard better, and it's quite loud enough for a rock band"

"The bonus feature is, the amp head can be removed and used as a standalone head, atop a pair of 8 ohm cabs, and this is where the little monster really shines"

"I've got the Walkabout. It's wonderful but yes, it's expensive"

"These are great combos--portable, nice warm tone, and loud! And that 15" definitely goes deep"

"The removeable "head" on the Walkabout is why I got one, and it's a feature more amp makers should consider. Alone, with the 12 in cab, it rocks. Alone, atop a stack of 10's, it kills"

"the Walkabout seems to have much more warmth and thickness than any solid state amp"

"It's unbelievably tubey sounding for a hybrid amp"

"The M-Pulse line is that pleasant ,thick, tone that could also be adjusted for a bit of a more modern hi-fi tone except with tube-ness"

"the Walkabout Scout is one of the most satisfying bass amps I have ever owned"

"I would recomend a mesa m-pulse or walkabout. It's about as close to an all tube head as you'll get without going over"

"The Walkabout is the winner for a rich and creamy sound and it's the biggest sounding 300 watts I've heard"

"I like the eden tone, but walkabout is a VERY nice tone"

"I tried out the Walkabout today at a local music store. Only played it for about 5 minutes, but it left a VERY large impression on me. Light, loud as all hell, and smooooooth"

"I never could get that amazing, warm, mid punch that is very easily achieved with the Walkabout"

"I have the Walkabout, I was just blown away by how much power that little thing can put out"

"This head is very warm, but also pretty aggressive sounding. Has some grit/grind to it. Nice 'character"

"The Walkabout will give you a gritty, more tubey sound"

"The Walkabout, it was the best sounding amp I'd ever played through"

"i've used a walkabout 12" combo for the last two years as a gigging amp with two loud guitarist and have had no problems,
it has a really clean direct out also if you need pa support and you can run an ext cab if needed...
i have never had to run it past 4-5 on the master...it is light and has amazing tone and cuts thru nice,
it will beat out anything listed in the previous post and you will not be dissapointed for sure,
this unit replaced my all tube svt and 8x10 cab setup and i have never been happier"

"But man, this thing growled and had that super fat bottom just like the big all-tube amps"

:playing:
Don't mess with me, I do not want any treble!